Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: region d championship

  1. #61
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    I reckon they like their bermuda field as is. Of course it could all be hearsay, but my source is pretty reliable.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #62
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Seriously, why would a high school coach want to put his players on that stuff constantly? There are all kinds of arguments about safety, cost, etc...but really, IMO the safest field to play on is grass cuz it gives. Any for of plastic just gives to a point..then a joint gives.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #63
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Seriously, why would a high school coach want to put his players on that stuff constantly? There are all kinds of arguments about safety, cost, etc...but really, IMO the safest field to play on is grass cuz it gives. Any for of plastic just gives to a point..then a joint gives.

    Seen a ton more injurys due to poor footing playing in slop than I have seen due to field turf

  4. #64
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Seriously, why would a high school coach want to put his players on that stuff constantly? There are all kinds of arguments about safety, cost, etc...but really, IMO the safest field to play on is grass cuz it gives. Any for of plastic just gives to a point..then a joint gives.
    Astroturf yes, but field turf not so much. It plays almost identical to natural surface, and depending on where that natural surface is, it plays better than some.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #65
    Inactive Member VOL61's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2007
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    There is no field turf at Wise. They have Astroturf, carpet, whatever you want to call it. But I have been on the fields at DB and Richlands. They have field turf. It is nice. Very comparable to grass. The stuff at Wise isn't....
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

  6. #66
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by VOL61 View Post
    There is no field turf at Wise. They have Astroturf, carpet, whatever you want to call it. But I have been on the fields at DB and Richlands. They have field turf. It is nice. Very comparable to grass. The stuff at Wise isn't....

    But supr-beast it appears is referencing why Lebanon may have turned down a field turf field. I wasn't referring to Wise.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #67
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Quote Originally Posted by VOL61 View Post
    There is no field turf at Wise. They have Astroturf, carpet, whatever you want to call it. But I have been on the fields at DB and Richlands. They have field turf. It is nice. Very comparable to grass. The stuff at Wise isn't....

    We are talking about why Lebanon would or would not want to put down a surface like Richlands and Honaker (Not like UVA-Wise)

  8. #68
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: region d championship

    Field turf is still plastic...the reason you haven't seen as many injuries on it yet is because comparatively there aren't as many of em yet. Plastic is plastic, regardless of what the person selling it to you says. Football was intended to be played on grass...and that's where it should be played.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •